Running in 2007







I have decided to start a running blog for a couple of reasons. #1 it will be a way I can log my workouts and reflect on how my training is going. #2 is that my friends and relatives can take a quick look into what is happening in my life.






I have always been a runner since I was probably in Junior High. Ran some races with my mom and dad and even ran cross country in high school, but I was never really that serious. 25-35 minutes at a decent pace was what most of my workouts consisted of. I put most of my efforts into the sport of Wrestling. Wrestling is a great sport, but really hard to compete in when you get older. I needed something to satisfy my competitive urges. In 2006 (at age 32) I decided to train for a Marathon (Grandma's in Duluth). My training went okay, but took too many shortcuts and didn't have the knowledge to run a Marathon, especially in hot conditions and bonked half way and finished in 3:26 minutes. I did enjoy the training and the feeling of being fit, plus I really like the running community. It is great to be around positive people. So in 2007 I really decided to dedicate my self to training and got in the best running shape of my life. So all of my PR's were in 2007 when I turned 33.









PR's for 2007



5K- 16:48 (Curtis Menard Run) June 2, 2007



5 Miler- 27:51 Aug 4th, 2007 (5 mile mark of 10K Classic)



10K- 34:50 (AK 10K Classic) Aug. 4, 2007



Half-Marathon- DNF or should I say I missed the start (Humpys)



Marathon- 2:53:16 (Mayors Midnight Sun Marathon, Anchorage, AK) June. 23, 2007

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive