August 29th- September 4th

Mileage for the Year 2011
2228 miles


Mileage for the week 8/29- 9/4
73 miles


9/4
18 miles (Tempo, Long, Tempo)

Felt a lot better today. I believe I'm getting rid of this cold finally. Still a little congested. Decided to give the workout a go, so I can start tapering for the Equinox on Sept. 17th.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
2x2 mile tempo (5:28, 5:28) 400m jog (5:28, 5:28)
6 miles- general aerobic pace @ 6:42 pace
3 mile tempo (5:30, 5:30, 5:25)
2 mile cool down

I'm pretty stoked this workout went good. Nice to have this in the bank. My first 4 tempos felt great and I was on such a consistent pace. All 4 at 5:28 and I was on the Hanshew track. I tried to keep a decent pace on my 6 mile section where I ran to Dearmoun and around Lake Otis. My last 3 tempo miles went by so fast and it felt pretty good. I was starting to get tired on the last mile though. 2 mile cool down. To make up for being congested the weather was pretty optimal.

Time to start my taper for the Equinox and get my body ready to run fast. I feel a lot more confident than I did 2 years ago.

9/3
10 miles

Kept it pretty easy again today. I woke up pretty congested. Had breakfast and coffee and laid around on the couch until I felt better. I was happy to get 11 hrs. of needed sleep last night. I'm sure that will help. Felt pretty good during the run, but wanted to keep heart rate low. I would really like to get one more workout of tempo, long, tempo in the books before I start tapering a little for the Equinox. Suppose to do it tomorrow, but may push it back another day until Monday.

9/2
7 miles

Easy pace again. I guess I really am pretty sick, so I need to keep it easy and rest. Suppose to do tempo, long, tempo on sunday, but I may push it back until I know I'm better. Need to take advantage of this weekend and rest!

9/1
10 miles

General aerobic pace. Felt suprisingly good after how crappy I felt last night and this morning. Need to get rid of this cold I caught. Ran my south loop with extra.

8/31
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both at recovery pace. Morning was on treadmill at school. Afternoon was to Huffman and back.

8/30
10 miles

Started off easy, but was General Aerobic pace for most. Legs starting to feel better again. Ice bath!

8/29
6 miles

Easy. Legs still beat up from Lost Lake on Saturday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive