May 20th- May 26th "Week #14"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,481 miles

Mileage for the week 5/20- 5/26
74 miles

5/26
8 miles

Super easy recovery.  Felt good to go slow today.  I know my legs needed to get moving a little after my race yesterday.  Felt good too.

5/25
18 miles (1:13:01 Half Marathon)

Ran the Trent/Waldron Half this morning.  Beautiful sunny morning.  Temps were perfect too. About 55 degrees at the start and little wind.  Felt pretty good during the race and I'm happy with the time even though I wanted to break 1:13.  I ran hard that last mile, but I'm sure somewhere in the race I could've made up at least 2 seconds.  Oh well.  Not bad after running 3 consecutive weeks of 100 miles.

3 mile warm-up
13.1 miles (1:13:01)
2 mile cool-down

5/24
6 miles

Just an easy shake out run before my race tomorrow. 1st time all year I ran without a shirt. Finally feels like summer a little here in Anchorage!

5/23
7 miles (6 x 100m striders)

Easy recovery run today w/ some striders thrown in at the end.  Keeping it easy today and tomorrow before I race a 1/2 marathon on saturday.  Pretty fit right now, so it should be a good race.  I'd like to set a PR.  Right now my best is 1:13:02, so we'll see.  Thats what I'll be going after anyway.

5/22
14 miles

Ran my Boston prep with some elmore extention.  Felt pretty good again.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 6:20 pace by mile 7.  Left achilles was aching a little, but I'll keep an eye on it.  I've got a couple of easy days before my 1/2 marathon on saturday.  One more day with students tomorrow as well. I can't wait for summer break.

5/21
10 miles (6 x 800m @ 5K Pace)

Ran to Huffman and then did 800's between Huffman and Dearmoun.  Felt pretty strong today.  Rest was 90 seconds between 800's.

5/20
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Both easy recover pace runs. Ran to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  I felt really good running today, but kept it easy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive