May 6th- May 12th "Week #12"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,307 miles

Mileage for the week 5/6- 5/12
102 miles

5/12
18 miles

Ran my boston prep route and Elmore to tudor extention.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:50 pace the last couple miles.  My legs were a little heavy, but I felt really strong.  The last couple miles felt pretty easy.  Another solid week of training.

5/11
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were done at recovery pace to Huffman and back.  Felt good to be outside and feeling good!

5/10
18 miles (12am w/10K- 33:31 & 6pm)

Good workout today that I did solo.

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
10K- 33:31
3 mile cool down

Felt really good and I'm getting fitter every week.

Easy 6 miles of recovery at about 8:30pm tonight.

5/9
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both were easy recovery pace runs.  Legs a little tired from yesterday.  Ran to Huffman and back in the afternoon.

5/8
21 miles (15am/6pm)

Had a good run on the treadmill. I would've rather ran outside (beautiful out), but I only had a small block of time because I had to ref a stupid dodge ball tournament after school.  Started at 7:30 pace and quickly progressed down to 6:30 pace by mile 8.  Then progressed down to 5:50 pace the last mile.  Felt strong. Super hot in garage though.

Easy 6 miles of recovery to Huffman and back in the evening.

5/7
10 miles (6 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec rest)

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
6 x 800m @ 5K w/ 90 sec rest
3 mile cool down

I felt pretty good and it felt good to go harder today.  Wanted to get an easy recovery run in the afternoon but had to work at soccer game.  It's all good though.

5/6
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Easy recovery during lunch and another easy recovery run to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Legs felt pretty good after yesterday's long run.  Nice to get them moving easy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive