April 29th- May 5th "Week #11"

Mileage for the Year 2013
1,205 miles

Mileage for the week 4/29- 5/5
101 miles

5/5
24 miles

I had a good run.  Started off easy at 7:25 pace and by mile 7 I was around or under 6:30 pace.  I ran my boston prep and then ran on Elmore and around by UAA and then back home.  I felt pretty good, but 24 miles is still a long way and I was glad to be done.

5/4
7 miles

Easy recovery out in Wasilla.  I was at the State Freestyle Tournament and I ran from the menard center on the 5K course. Light rain, but felt good to be outside.

5/3
16 miles (12am w/ 7 @ Tempo)/4pm)

Had a real quality tempo run today.  I felt really comfortable and strong the entire time.  I like to hit these tempo miles with no rest. I think it's better to do them this way when training for a marathon.  If I can't do it for 7 miles then I'm probably running too fast for tempo anyway.  Felt good.  I think the heat in the garage got to me more than the pace itself.  I was sweating buckets again.

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
7 miles @ tempo (5:36, 5:36, 5:33, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27, 5:27)
2 mile cool down

Just an easy 4 mile recovery in the afternoon.  Felt really good too.

5/2
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Ran an easy 6 during lunch and then another easy 5 to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Felt really good on both runs.  Gonna run a longer tempo run tomorrow.

5/1
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Ran from Post Office to Totem and back. Then ran another 3.2 miles out and back to get 15.  Started really easy and gradually picked it up to 6 min. pace the last mile.  I really did feel good.

Easy recovery in the evening.

4/30
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both recovery pace.  Not much to report, but felt pretty good.  Nice to have a couple of back to back recovery days.

4/29
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Both recovery pace runs.  Ran on treadmill at school during lunch and then I ran to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Felt good on both runs.  Sun was out, but a little windy and cold.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive