April 8th- April 14th "Week #8"

Mileage for the Year 2013
924 miles

Mileage for the week 4/8- 4/14
92 miles

4/14
22 miles

Finally was able to get outside and run.  It was beautiful and sunny out even though it was still in upper 20's.  Ran my Boston prep route with Elmore extention. Came home at mile 16 and quickly switched shirt and light jacket and ran the last 6 to Huffman and back.  Started out at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 6:20 pace for the last 10 miles.  Felt really good too.

4/13
8 miles

Recovery miles this morning before heading out to Palmer for a wrestling tournament.  Kept it super easy, but legs a little tired from yesterday.  Gonna do my long run outside tomorrow no matter what.

4/12
12 miles (6 @ Tempo)

Great workout today.  I felt really comfortable at my Tempo pace.  I'm certain I could've kept it up for an hour.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ 5 striders
6 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27)
3 mile cool down

4/11
11 miles (7am/4pm)

A couple of easy recovery runs today.  Legs a little tired and sore, but felt better as I warmed up.  Gonna run a tempo workout tomorrow.

4/10
14 miles

I had a very small window to run today and I was suppose to run 15 miles, but barely squeezed in 14.  Ran on the treadmill again. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:52 pace.  I was sub 7 by mile 4 and sub 6:30 by mile 8 and sub 6:15 by mile 11.  Felt really good and strong.

4/9
13 miles (6am/7pm)

Both runs at recovery pace today.  Woke up with a stinger in my neck.  It was kind of painful during my morning run. Felt much better in the afternoon.  I believe I slept on it wrong.  Felt good running today.

4/8
12 miles (5am/7pm)

Both runs today were recovery pace. Felt good during both runs.  Snowing all day today in Anchorage.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive