April 1st- April 7th "Week #7"

Mileage for the Year 2013
832 miles

Mileage for the week 4/1- 4/7
87 miles

4/7
20 miles

Getting snow this late in April is lame.  Didn't want to deal with the unplowed trails, ice, and vehicles, so I just did it all the treadmill.  It wasn't bad and I actually had a great run.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressively was down to 5:46 pace at the very end.  I was at 6:40 pace by mile 10 and 6:22 by mile 15.  Overall it was pretty effortless until the last few miles.  Solid week especially after having taken Monday off with the flu.  Hopefully no more interruptions.

4/6
8 miles

Recovery pace miles this morning.  Felt good.  Snowing ALOT in Anchorage right now.  Sucks!

4/5
16 miles (4am/ 12pm w/ 5 @ Tempo)

4 miles of recovery pace in the morning.  Legs felt a little tired in the beginning.

In the afternoon I decided to do my Tempo workout that I was suppose to do on Tuesday, but of course getting sick AGAIN, put a damper on that.  Here is what I did today:

4 mile warm-up w/ 5 striders
5 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:33, 5:33)
3 mile cool down

My legs felt the same as this morning while I was warming up, but felt better as I got closer to workout.  The tempo went okay and I was well with-in control, but I never felt great like I usually do on tempo workouts.  I think the fact that I had the flu on monday and I'm on Antibiotics had something to do with it.  Nice to get the workout in this week though.  And I do feel like I'm getting rid of this damn sickness.

4/4
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both really easy recovery runs.  Felt good, but still wheezing in chest.

4/3
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Ran from the Post Office to Totem and back then another shorter out and back. Weather was awesome.  I felt pretty darn good, but still a little winded from this chest thing.

Easy 5 recovery in the evening.

4/2
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Felt much better then yesterday, but the chest thing still going on.  Both runs were at easy recovery pace.

4/1
Off

Broke my 56 day running streak, because I came down with the FLU!  I've been sick for basically 3 weeks. Nothing too severe, but I could never shake it.  No way I could even attempt to run today.  Temperature with  the shakes and sweats.  Finally had enough and went into the doctor and got on some antibiotics.  I believe I have an infection in my chest.  Hasn't been fun.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive