March 25th- March 31st "Week #6- Recovery week"

Mileage for the Year 2013
745 miles

Mileage for the week 3/25- 3/31
80 miles

3/31
16 miles

Decided to get my run done before kids got up on Easter morning.  Woke up a t 6am and had a little coffee and I was running by 7am.  Started at 7:30pace and progressed down to sub 6 pace at the end.  Felt good and somewhat easy.

I had a good first cycle of this marathon build up.  The cycle is called "Endurance" and I believe I've gotten better endurance and got my body ready for the demands of higher mileage coming up.  The next cycle is called "Lactate Threshold + Endurance". So, my mileage will continue to be high and I will sprinkle in some LT runs and have a Marathon specific workout of 16 miles w/ 12 @ MP pace.  Here I go!!!!!

3/30
7.5 miles

Easy recovery pace.  Felt pretty good.  Gonna get up early tomorrow to get my long run done before kids wake up.

3/29
12.5 miles

Finally ran outside!  It was nice and warm (28 above) and the sidewalks and trails were good. A little soft on elmore and by service, but ok.  I felt pretty strong out there today too.  Good effort.

3/28
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both super super easy.  Feeling good.

3/27
13 miles

Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6 min. flat pace.  These medium distance runs are feeling easier and easier. I felt really good today and I recover fast.  Loving it.

3/26
9 miles (10 x 100m striders)

Still buried in snow so I ran on the treadmill again.  I wanted to get 10 miles in, but had to pick up my daughter from school.  Felt good to get some leg turnover with the striders.

3/25
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Both runs at easy recovery pace and on the treadmill. Tons of snow again last night and all day today.  Getting sick of it.  Ugh.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive