March 11th- March 17th "Week #4"

Mileage for the Year 2013
565 miles

Mileage for the week 3/11- 3/17
93 miles

3/17
19 miles

Beautiful and sunny day outside.  Wasn't sure if I was even going to run today, because I've been coughing and I can feel the cold in my chest some.  I didn't take off until 2pm and I decided to take it easy and see how I felt. I ended up feeling pretty good.  Started at 7:30 pace and was down to 6:30 pace towards the end.

Ran from the Post Office by the airport to totem and back 2X.  Solid week of training even though I've not been feeling great.

3/16
8 miles (Shamrock 5K)

I was the Lepercauhn again for the Skinny Raven Shamrock 5K.  I did a 1 mile warm-up and no cool down.  So about 4 miles total.  I started 5 minutes after the start again.  The course was better then last year, but I still had to walk in sections because of the crowds.  It was still a lot of fun.

4 miles super easy recovery pace in the evening.  I'm glad I did this since I didn't cool down at all after 5K.

3/15
16 miles (12am/4pm)

Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:15 pace on my 12 miler.  Felt so easy even though I have a cold.

Very easy recovery pace in the evening.  Gonna dress up as a Lepercaun again for the Shamrock 5K tomorrow.

3/14
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Both were super easy recovery pace.  I came down with a cold the past couple of days.  My son got it first and I've must of got it from him.  I feel okay running though.  Lots of fluids.

3/13
19 miles (14am/5pm)

Ran at the Dome this morning.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6 min. pace at the end.  Lot's of laps, but felt really good and in shape.  Easy 5 miles at recovery pace in the evening.

3/12
10 miles (10 x 100m striders)

Ran at General Aerobic pace.  Felt great and through in some striders at the end.  Love running right now.

3/11
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both runs were kept at easy recovery pace.  Felt good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive