March 18th- March 24th "Week #5"

Mileage for the Year 2013
665 miles

Mileage for the week 3/18- 3/24
100 miles

3/24
20 miles

We got a bunch of snow last night and I wasn't in the mood to slog through it all and get hit by a car,etc... Opted for the treadmill.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  Had good music and water available.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:30 pace by mile 10 and then I slowly started going faster until last mile was 5:52 pace.  Felt really good.  Solid week of 100 miles.  Next week is a recovery week.

3/23
10 miles

Easy recovery pace this morning. It's snowing out so I ran it on the treadmill.  Hope it doesn't snow too much so I can run my 20 miler outside tomorrow.  Felt pretty good today.

3/22
16 miles  (4am/12pm w/ tempo)

An easy 4 miles during lunch at recovery pace.  I felt pretty good so I knew I'd have a good workout today.

After school I ran the following workout:
4 mile warm-up w/ striders
4 miles @ Tempo (5:46, 5:42, 5:39, 5:33)
4 miles @ General Aerobic (6:40 pace)

Tempo felt really good and controlled the whole time. I was thinking of adding another mile, but since I've been sick I knew better to push it.  Glad I was able to get a workout in while being sick this week.

3/21
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both were very easy recovery.  Glad I'm waiting until tomorrow to do my tempo workout.  Felt better today though.

3/20
20 miles (15am/5pm)

I turned 39 years old today.  Still under the weather, but good enough to run.  I ran my 15 miler out on Postmark Dr. to Totem again.  Sun was out but windy and cold.  The temp was only 14 degrees and the wind made it colder for sure.  I felt okay, just tired from this cold.

5 easy recovery miles in the evening.

3/19
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Both easy recovery pace again.  I suppose to do a tempo workout, but still not feeling too good with this cold. I'll postpone it till thursday.

3/18
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Both were at easy recovery pace.  Still sick with this chest cold.  Coughing up dark green still.  Need to get a good night sleep tonight.  Recover!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive