August 5th- August 11th

Mileage for the Year 2013
2,230 miles

Mileage for the week 8/5- 8/11
81 miles

8/11
17 miles

Ran my Boston prep route with elmore extention this morning in the rain.  It wasn't down pouring, but it was steady rain.  I felt okay and didn't push the pace much.  Legs just felt a little beat up and tired still.  Started at 7:40 pace and progressed down to 6:20 pace towards the end.  Averaged 6:45 pace for entire run.

8/10
6 miles

Easy recovery run after work today with Jerry Ross.  Felt pretty good, but tired after working 8 hrs. at the store.

8/9
17 miles (12am/5pm)

Ran my boston prep route this morning.  Felt pretty good just trying to get them use to more mileage right now.  It rained all morning, but stopped right before I took off which was nice. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:10 pace.  Averaged 6:45 pace for the run.

Easy 5 miles of recovery in the rain in the afternoon.

8/8
12 miles (6am/6pm)

I wore the heart rate monitor and kept it super easy paced on both runs today. Legs a little heavy and tired, but overall felt good.  To Huffman and back on both runs.

8/7
13 miles

Ran my Boston prep route today.  Ran in some light rain, but it felt good.  Started easy at 7:30 pace and progressed down to sub 6 minute pace the last few miles.  I felt really good today.  I may run the Skinny half next sunday.

8/6
10 miles (4 @ Tempo)

I wanted to throw in a workout today because it feels so long since I've done anything faster because of Mayors Marathon and Crow Pass.  I ran to Huffman and did my tempo between Huffman and Dearmoun.  I felt okay.  I never felt like I was rolling but I'll take it today.

3 mile warm-up w/ 5 stirders
4 miles @ Tempo (5:32, 5:39, 5:39, 5:34)
3 miles @ General Aerobic pace (last 2 were 6:20 pace)



8/5
6 miles

Easy 6 miles today.  Had a rough night and day today.  Just a lot going on in my life.  Feels good to go out and run though.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive