Sept. 14th- Sept. 20th

Mileage for the Year 2009
2224 miles

Mileage for the week 9/14- 9/20
50 miles


9/20
Off

9/19
28 miles (Equinox Marathon 3:03:53)

Wow! The Equinox Marathon in Fairbanks is a tough tough course. My goal was to run sub 3hrs. and even though I didn't reach that goal I am very happy with my perfomance. Here are some factors on why I probably didn't go sub 3hrs.

1. Didn't train enough specifically for the course. I will need to run more trails if I want to run well in the future.

2. Only 8 week training block.

3. Plantar Faciatis. The reason I really only trained 8 weeks. About 1/2 way through the race, it was flaring pretty good. It never got so bad I couldn't run, but it was definetly on my mind.

I did race smart though. I took it out conservative and did my best on the uphill. I tried not to red line at all on the way up. I ran the downhill okay. I just got really tired of my feet slapping the ground so hard. I'm sure the Plantar Faicatis didn't help matters. I believe I finished strong though. I really did have to suck it up mentally to get to the finish.

The race itself is an awesome event. Fairbanks does a really nice job with it. They have a great running community up their that they should be proud of. I am definetly going to put this race on the radar for next season. Now that I ran it and know the course better I want to get a fast time. I'd like to come in fit and run a 2:55 next year. It will become one of my top priorties next season.

9/18
4 miles

Nice and easy shake out run. I felt really good and prepared for the race. (I did the best I could training with plantar faciatis) Only 8 weeks too.

9/17
5+ miles (6 X 100m striders)

I really felt good today. Legs feeling fresh with a little bounce to them. Can't wait to get the race started.

9/16
Off- Recovery

9/15
8 miles (3 miles @ Marathon Pace)

Ran to Dearmoun and back with a little extra to get 8 miles in. I was able to throw a few miles at Marathon pace to get the legs turning a little bit. I ran them in (6:02, 5:58, 5:58) and felt good and smooth. Gonna rest tomorrow and then have 2 easy recovery days of 5 miles on thursday and friday before the race.


9/14
5+ miles- recovery

Ran to Huffman and back. Easy running at 6:47 pace.

2 comments:

Dan said...

See you Saturday. It will be a party in Fairbanks!!

Hone

Roger said...

Good luck this weekend. Nice article in the Newsminer today, but I scooped them with a prediction post yesterday!

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive