Sept. 7th- Sept. 13th

Mileage for the Year 2009
2174 miles


Mileage for the week 9/7- 9/13
46 miles


9/13
Off

Six days before the Equinox. I've decided to take a rest day. I'll probably go for an easy walk later today. I've run 42 days in a row now anyway. I'm also really pumped that I got almost 10hrs. of sleep last night! Gonna try and concentrate on getting some good rest this week.


9/12
12 miles

Felt great today running with a light rain. I ran my hilly boston route and kept it easy at 6:42 pace overall. I did run up huffman hill (1 mile) at a pretty good pace. I am feeling really good right now. Gonna take it easy until the race on saturday. I do have some pretty good confidence going into the race. It would be interesting to see what I could run a fast course marathon in right now. Gonna have a lot of fun in Fairbanks next weekend.

9/11
6 miles- recovery

Super easy today. Felt good. Glad it's the weekend. Klondike Road Relay is this weekend. Wishing "Take No Prisoners" luck. I will be back on the team next year!

9/10
8 miles (3 x 1600m @ 5K pace w/ 2 min. rest)

Had a good quality workout today. I ran 2.6 miles before I did my mile repeats. I ran them around 5:08 pace. They were done on the roads, so the terrain varied. I'm not going to lie, I was tired toward the end of the last 2 mile repeats. I'm glad they went well, because it will make marathon pace feel even easier. I had no problems at all with my left calf. Last workout before the Equinox!

9/9
5 miles

Took it super easy today. Wanted to keep a careful eye on my left calf. Already feeling way better. I may skip tomorrow 3 X 1600m and just run easy.

9/8
9 miles

Ran the south loop today. I felt really strong. My left calf felt good until the last few miles than I could feel it tightening again. Gonna take it real easy tomorrow. My fitness is good, just need to get to the race feeling healthy and strong.

9/7
6 miles

Easy Easy to Huffman and back with a little extra for an even 6 miles. Wore the heart rate monitor to make sure I was keeping it easy. I could definetly feel the left calf. It was still pretty tight. Hopefully tomorrow it is better. 12 days until Equinox.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive