August 31st- September 6th

Mileage for the Year 2009
2128 miles


Mileage for the week 8/31- 9/6
81 miles


9/6
20 miles

2 mile warm-up
2x2 mile tempo (5:38,5:38) 400 jog, (5:38,5:38) on West Track
9 mile run @ sub 6:40 pace on Coastal Trail
3 mile tempo (5:30,5:33,5:29) on West Track
2 mile cool down

I had a great workout today. It was my last long run before the Equinox Marathon on Sept. 19th. It was a beautiful day out too. The tempo's felt great and I was in control! Splits were right on and I ran the first 4 all at 5:38 pace. When I took off from West H.S. on my 9 miler I felt really good too. I felt smooth and relaxed. I was a little tired on my last 3 miles on the track for tempo and was probably going a little fast for tempo pace. They just went by so easy. The last mile was a little tough though. I did an easy 2 mile cool down on the track at about 7:05 pace and I noticed my left calf starting to tighten up a little. I'll take the next couple of days easy to make sure it doesn't turn bad. I have a short 2 week taper. I usually will do a 3 week taper, but I got to training so late I decided to get 1 more quality week in.

I'm feeling really fit right now and I'm ready to roll up in Fairbanks. If I run smart I'm going to have a good marathon!

9/5
10 miles (6am/4pm)- recovery runs

I ran 2 super easy runs today. The first one I did outside on another beautiful day in Anchorage and the second on my treadmill. Tried to keep my heart rate as low as possible to recover. Felt great.

9/4
9 miles

Ran the south loop today. Easy in the beginning and picked it up towards the middle. Averaged 6:32 for the run. Beautiful sunny day. Legs a little tired from last 2 days.

9/3
13 miles

Ran the hilly Boston route today and added a mile. I wanted to get 15 miles in, but ran out of time because I had to get to work. Felt really good and strong today. My run was overall 6:35 pace. My feet felt fine.

9/2
12 miles (5 X 1000m @ 5K pace w/ 2min. rest)

I did the workout at West High School. I ran a 4 mile warm-up before I did my intervals. Intervals went great. I never really like interval workouts because they are tough, but I felt pretty good today. I kept it under control and in good form. I was running 38-39 sec. 200's and my 1,000 were 3:13-3:15 range. I took 2 min. of active recovery, but I really felt ready to go again at the start of each one so that is a good sign. I did another 4+ miles after the workout on the grass inside the west track. It felt good to run on the grass with my plantar faciatis. Overall a good workout today.

9/1
7+ miles- recovery

Ran an easy effort to Dearmoun and back. Legs still felt tired and my right foot was bothering me a little. Not as much as yesterday though.

8/31
10 miles (6am/4pm)- recovery

A couple easy recovery runs today. I did the morning run on the treadmill and the pm run outside. I think I will do another easy day tomorrow. My feet aren't feeling so hot today after yesterday's effort. Everything else is fine, but my darn feet!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive