August 24th- August 30th

Mileage for the Year 2009
2047 miles


Mileage for the week 8/24- 8/30
76 miles


8/30
20 miles

I did another Equinox Marathon training run today. I ran six miles before I did the Arctic Valley Hill climb. I was happy with my effort to the top (48:15). That run is just plain tough. I don't think it matters if you are going easy or hard, you still feel like crap at certain points on the run. The very end is brutal too as you make your way up to the 2nd parking lot. I took a gu at the top and then headed back down immediately. I tried to keep the pace somewhat fast to get some good pounding on the quads to help prepare me (39:08 to get back down). When I reached my car I ran another 18:30 to give me a little over 20 miles. I need to have 1 more good week of training before I start my 2 week taper. Also, it was beautiful out today.

8/29
10 miles (8 X 100m striders)

Beautiful saturday in Anchorage. I felt awesome running today. Took it out easy and just ran how I felt. Averaged 6:45 pace. Ran the south loop again and addes a mile to give me 10.

8/28
9 miles

Ran a good General Aerobic pace on my South Loop today. It was raining and a little cooler today. Fall is definetly close if not already here. Felt good. Hoping my feet hold up for another few weeks. 6:49 pace avg.

8/27
7 miles (recovery)

Easy, Easy today on the treadmill to make sure I don't run to fast for recovery.

8/26
15+ miles

I ran the Boston route today and then added 3.2 miles to give me a little over 15 miles. It was a progressive effort today. Started easy but was running low 6:00 pace at the end. Felt really good and strong. I like that feeling of getting fit. My cumulative average was 6:33 pace.

8/25
10 miles (5 x 600m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec. rest)

Ran 4 miles then did the workout on Hanshew's new outdoor track(really nice). The workout went good and I felt fully recovered with 90 seconds of rest. After workout I ran back to Huffman and then back home. Starting to get colder outside. I could see my breath a little while running.

8/24
5 miles (recovery)

I had a real short window after school to get a run in. Wanted to run at least 6, but only had time for 5.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive