August 17th- August 23rd

Mileage for the Year 2009
1971 miles


Mileage for the week 8/17- 8/23
73 miles


8/23
20 miles

Had a good long run today. It was tough though. I parked where we normally run up arctic valley before the gate. I ran 3 miles out toward the glenn highway and then turned around and came back. So, I had 6 miles before the hill climb. I ran up arctic valley in 49:45 and came down in 37:35. Then I added 2 more miles to give me 20 miles. I was tired when I was finished.

I picked this run because of the tough hill climb to help get me ready for the Equinox Marathon.

8/22
8 miles

Nice and easy today. I really felt good in the legs and practiced running with good form. Listened to Linkin Park on the ipod. Ran to Dearmound and back with the extra .8 loop.

8/21
12 miles (7.2 @ Tempo pace)

I did an easy 3 mile warm-up on the treadmill then took off outside for my tempo run. I felt really good. I averaged about 5:55 pace for tempo. Then jumped back on treadmill for 2 mile cool down. Good quality workout.

8/20
5+ miles (recovery)

I only had a small window to run today after school. I ran to Huffman and back nice and easy. Felt good and was another beautiful day outside!

8/19
13 miles

Ran my Boston route today and added an extra mile. No way I was going to run after how my feet felt this morning. During work today my feet gradually started feeling better and by this afternoon they were good enough to run on. It was a beautiful day and I felt pretty good. Ran at about 6:40 pace.

8/18
9 miles

Did the south loop after work today. My legs felt pretty tired and my feet weren't the greatest, but they loosened up and felt okay as the run progressed. Started out slow and pick it up just a little. Averaged about 6:55 pace. School starts tomorrow! Here we go!

8/17
6 miles (recovery)

My plantar faciatis flaired up pretty good for the faster pace and pounding yesterday. I need to just be super religious about icing and massaging after workouts and at night until the running season is over Sept. 19th.

Just ran to Huffman and back. Enjoyed the run in the sun today.

1 comment:

Hone said...

That Arctic Valley 20 miler is just a straight up quality run right there!!

Nice job.

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive