August 23rd- August 29th

Mileage for the Year 2010
2215 miles


Mileage for the week 8/23- 8/29
0 miles


Well, I had to shut down my running season for 2010. I just had surgery on my right ankle this tuesday. They did a scope and cleaned up the ankle joint. I had a loose body that was causing irritation in the ankle. They also got rid of some bone spurs I was developing. I really hope that this surgery was worth it. I have a feeling that I really needed to get it done.

Now it is all about recovering. I've been told 2 weeks on non-weight bearing. I'll make sure to do that. Than I will go from there. Not sure how fast I will be able to come back. I know that I don't want to push it to early and end up getting injured right away or not healing correctly. I'll probably start off with some pool running for awhile.

I still have big goals for 2011. I want to run fast in Boston and Chicago. If I play my cards right, there is no reason why I can't acheive these goals!

8/29
Off

8/28
Off

8/27
Off

8/26
Off

8/25
Off

8/24
Off- Surgery "Ankle Scope"

8/23
Off

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive