August 2nd- August 8th

Mileage for the Year 2010
2139 miles


Mileage for the week 8/2- 8/8
80 miles


8/8
20 miles w/ Arctic Valley

Solid run today. Ran with J Ross, Matias Saari, Renau, and Monica for the first 3 miles and then Matias and I turned around and started heading back to the base of Arctic Valley. I was a little nervous with my right ankle, but it held up great. Good effort to the top. I didn't push it too hard, but it's still a tough climb. Took a Gu and headed back down and added on some at the end. Sun was finally out today!

8/7
8 miles

Easy recovery run. Legs feel a little dead right now. Could be from the 800's a couple days ago. Can still feel tightness and mild pain in right ankle/achilles area. Hopefully run goes good tomorrow.

8/6
10 miles

General aerobic pace. Started easy because of tight achilles, but I felt pretty good.

8/5
10 miles (6 X 800m @ 5k pace with less than 2 min. rest)

3 mile warm-up
6 X 800 (2:33, 2:32, 2:32, 2:34, 2:34, 2:32)
4 mile cool down

Right achilles is hurting. Not sure if all this mileage was the best. Need to heal up.

8/4
15 miles

Good run today. My right ankle was really bothering me the last 2 days. I believe I stretched something when I rolled it a little on sunday on the Lost Lake trail. It was pretty sore when I started, but after a mile or two it loosened up and felt great! Ran my Boston prep route and added 3 miles at the end. Averaged about 6:35 pace per mile. Ran the whole thing in pouring rain :(


8/3
6 miles

Just an easy recovery day to get ready for intervals tomorrow. I'm suppose to double, but my right ankle is tight. I believe I rolled it a little on sunday on a rock. Need to rest and ice it a little.

8/2
11+ miles (6am/5+pm)

Easy running today to recover from last week. Legs are tired. Get to start some intervals this week at 5K pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive