March 26th- April 1st

Mileage for the Year 2012
1112 miles


Mileage for the week 3/26- 4/1
81 miles


4/1
20 miles

My last long run before Boston. I decided to throw some tempo pace miles in this workout since I haven't done a workout for awhile because of the flu bug I got. I ran the totem route out by the airport. Here is my workout:

3 miles warm-up with a few strides (7:20, 7:18, 6:45)
6.2 miles (10K) at Tempo. 34:57 which is 5:38 pace. (Lots of hills)
10.8 miles @ 6:28 pace. (Not gonna lie, tired at the end).

I'm pleased with this workout. I was also able to wear my Marathon shoes (Adidas Adizero) for the Tempo portion. They felt really good. It was also good to get the pounding of some of the downhills on pavement.

Now is the time I need to recover and try to feel the best I can physically and mentally before the race. As they say "The Hay Is In The Barn".


3/31
7 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace. Felt better as the run went on. Gonna do my last long run with a workout mixed in it tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well and I have this flu bug kicked.

3/30
12 miles

My legs feel a little sore. I think it's because of running on pavement with some downhill. Good that I'm doing this before boston to get the legs ready. I decided to run on the treadmill for scheduling purposes today. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:52 pace towards the end. Good effort and nice to get the legs turning a little bit. Felt pretty good except there were times I was coughing. Getting better every day though.

3/29
7 miles

Ran an easy 7 miles at recovery pace after school. Kept it easy. Felt okay.

3/28
14 miles

I ran from Earthquake park to Totem and back X 2. Nice to get on pavement and run hills again. Averaged 6:44 pace for the entire run, but it didn't feel great. I did feel better than I have since the flu, so its encouraging that I'm getting healthier. Still need to be careful though.

3/27
8 miles (10x 100m striders)

Ran on the treadmill due to time. Still don't feel that good. Just tired and coughing still. Ran at General aerobic pace (sub 7), but felt kinda hard.

3/26
13.5 miles (5am/8.5pm)

Ran an easy 5 miles on the mille during lunch. After work I drove out to the post office by the airport and ran to totem and back. I figure I need to get my legs used to running on pavement and the hills are good too.

Still don't feel very good. This flu wiped me out pretty good. Just trying to run easy at the point. Hope I get better soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive