April 2nd - April 8th

Mileage for the Year 2012 
1168 miles


Mileage for the week 4/2- 4/8
56 miles

4/8
12 miles

Snowed yesterday to break the Anchorage snowfall record in one year.  We received 133.6 inches of snow this year.  It was nice to have this winter, but now that it's spring its getting really old.  I really wanted to run outside for my last medium distance run before Boston.  It was really icy out this morning, so I just made sure I was careful with my footing.

I felt really good. Started out easy and was down to 6 min. pace toward the end and it felt pretty effortless.  I had a real good training cycle for Boston this year. I had a little hiccup towards the end with the flu, but I believe that is all behind me and I'm starting to feel real good again.

"THE HAY IS IN THE BARN!"

4/7
7 miles

Easy recovery pace.  Snowing out really good now.  Ran on the treadmill.  Just mentally tired of having to run outside in this crap.  Felt really really good on the run though.

4/6
10 miles (3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2 min. rest)

I usually like doing this workout before Boston outside, but it was lightly snowing and wet.  I opted for the Dome and ran on the track.  Here it is:

4 mile warm-up w/ 6 striders
3 x 1 mile (5:03, 4:58, 4:56) 
3 mile cool down

Good workout today.  The miles felt pretty good.  The 2 easy days that last couple days I'm sure helped.  Nice to get under 5 minutes again.

4/5
6 miles

I decided to take another easy day.  Felt pretty good running.  Gonna do my last VO2max workout tomorrow.   9 miles w/ 3 X 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2 min. rest.

4/4
6 miles

Nice and super easy recovery.  Legs definitely felt better than yesterday.  I'm gonna do one more easy day before my workout.  Need to concentrate on sleep as well.

4/3
9.5 miles

I ran my south loop today.  My legs are really beat up from Sunday's long run with Tempo.  I think a lot of it had to do with the surface I was running on.  After a few miles I did start feeling a lot better.  I think I'm going to take 2 real easy days until I do my 3 X 1 mile workout at 5K pace.  Beautiful sunny day though in Anchorage.

4/2
6 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace. Legs a little sore and tired from yesterday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive