April 9th- April 15th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,202 miles

Mileage for the week 4/9- 4/15
34 miles

4/15
4+ miles

I ran around the commons again at 10am.  I just ran for 30 minutes to get the blood flowing in the legs a little.  I felt GREAT during this run.  It was very warm though.

4/14
5+ miles

Ran with Jay from our hotel.  Felt okay.  We just ran a bunch of loops in the Boston Commons.  It was around 7:45am and already getting warm.

4/13
Off-  Traveled to Boston and just walked around a little.  Beautiful day today in Boston.

4/12
6 miles

Last run in Anchorage before I fly out tonight for Boston. Nice and easy recovery pace.  I'm ready to run and I feel good.  Weather isn't suppose to be good in Boston though.  85 above on race day monday.  Hard to set a PR with that weather.  It its what it is though.  I usually race off effort and I'll give my best anyway.  I've dedicated 18 weeks to this and I wouldn't think twice about not doing my best.

4/11
7.5 miles w/ 3 @ Marathon Pace

My last small workout before Boston.  Another sunny day outside and I ran this on my Dearmoun and back route. Here it is:

3 mile warm-up
3 miles @ MP (5:37, 5:40, 5:37)
1.5 mile cool down

Marathon pace miles were a little fast, but I felt really good and relaxed.  A 2:30 marathon is 5:44 pace.  I'm looking at going sub 2:32 and maybe a little faster.  Leave for Boston tomorrow at 5pm!  Hard to believe it's almost here.  I have a feeling it'll be a good run.

4/10
6+ miles

Beautiful sunny day today, but still so much snow.  I ran to Huffman and back and I felt really good.  Tried to keep it easy which I did, but it still was an average of 6:42 pace.  Foamed rolled and took an ice bath too.  I'm feeling really good.  I hope that's a good sign for the race monday.

4/9
5 miles

Decided to run instead of take a complete rest day.  Nice and easy recovery pace though.  Felt good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive