May 14th- May 20th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,451 miles

Mileage for the week 5/14- 5/20
81 miles

5/20
17 miles

Decided to start at Westchester and run the Trent/Waldron Half course.  It was nice to run something other then my usual routes.  Saw a few moose too.  Started at 7min pace and progressed down to 6 min. pace.  The last 6 miles were right around 6:02-6:10 pace.  Felt pretty good.

5/19
10 miles (8x100m striders)- recovery w/ speed.

Another great run today.  Kept it nice and easy and did some striders at the end.  I'm running at recovery pace, but it feels like I could run forever.

5/18
12 miles

Ran my Boston prep again.  Beautiful morning in Anchorage and I felt really good running.  I wish all mornings were like today.  These are the days when I realise I'm so lucky to be a runner!

5/17
11 miles (6am/5pm)

Both easy recovery pace.  Wore my heart rate monitor in the afternoon to make sure I kept it easy.  Beautiful day!!! Last day of school!!!!

5/16
13 miles

Ran my boston prep route.  Felt much better today.  Started out at 7:05 pace and progressed down to sub 6 at the end.  Average 6:33 for entire run.  Feel like I'm kicking this bug I've had for a couple weeks.  Beautiful sunny day too. Last day of school tomorrow!

5/15
8 miles (4 @ Tempo)

I'm pretty run down.  Up late again last night again coughing.  It's been 15 days I've been sick, so I'm going in to see the doctor tomorrow.

3 miles warm-up w/ strides
4 @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:39, 5:36)
1 mile cool down

I kept the tempo easy, but I can tell I'm not feeling that hot.

5/14
10 miles (5am/5pm)- recovery

Both runs were super recovery pace.  Felt good, but still coughing a lot.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive