May 21st- May 27th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,529 miles

Mileage for the week 5/21- 5/27
78 miles

5/27
11 miles (7am/4pm)

Both easy recovery runs.  I actually felt pretty good despite running a 1/2 marathon yesterday.  Getting motivated for the summer running training.

5/26
17 miles (Trent/Waldron Half-Marathon- 1:15:24)

2 mile warm-up
13.1 mile race- 1:15:24 (3rd place)
2 mile cool down

Race went okay.  I kinda expected that I wasn't in the best shape.  I've been running since boston, but no real workouts and I'm just getting my mileage up a little so my legs were tired all week.  I treated it more like a good hard effort, but not all out.  Happy that I finished strong. I need to absorb this workout and keep things going.

5/25
6 miles- recovery

Huffman and back and kept it easy.  Legs feel tired and my hips tight though.  Gotta make sure to warm-up for tomorrow's half.

5/24
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace.  Ran on treadmill in the morning and then on chester creek in the afternoon.

5/23
12 miles

Ran my boston prep route.  Averaged about 6:38 pace.  My heart rate was a little high and I felt pretty tired in the legs too. Gonna take it easy the next couple days before the 1/2 on saturday.

5/22
10 miles (4 @ Tempo)

Went up to the Hanshew track today to run my tempo miles.

4 mile warm up w/ 4 striders
4 miles @ Tempo (5:33, 5:36, 5:36, 5:31)
2 mile cool down

Tempo went better then last week, but still didn't feel great.  Still getting things going.  Good workout though.

5/21
12 miles (6am/6pm)

A couple of easy recovery runs today.  Felt good and did some eccentric calf exercises and some light foam rolling too.

1 comment:

Kelly Dun said...

Hey Tom Ritchie! How the heck are you?? Maybe you're in town for your reunions?

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive