August 20th- August 26th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,700

Mileage for the week 8/20- 8/26
104 miles

8/26
23 miles

I had a change in plans on my run today, since it was a long night last night.  I was able to tough it out and get  it done though. I ran my Boston Prep route with Elmore extention and added another 3 miles.  I felt strong, but tired since I didn't get hardly any sleep last night.  Nice to get a good solid week in before my taper.

8/25
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs were on my Dearmoun and back route and both at easy recovery pace to get ready for tomorrow's 22 mile arctic valley training run.  Felt good running and it was sunny and nice out.

8/24
9 miles (8 x 100m striders)

Just an easy 9 miles at recovery pace with some striders thrown in.  Was able to fit this run in right after work before picking taelynn up from school.  I'm glad the weekend is here!!!

8/23
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Nice and easy recovery pace in the morning. Felt great.

In the evening I ran my Boston Prep route with elmore extention to get my 15 miles.  My legs felt a little tired the first 4-5 miles, but I soon started to feel better.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:12 pace. Averaged 6:40 pace for the entire run.

8/22
13 miles (6 x 1200m @ 5K pace w/ 2 min. rest)

First day of school with students today.  It went really smooth!  Looks like I have some good classes this year.  I decided to do this workout on my Boston prep route.  It's been nice to get off the track and run some of these intervals with hills in them.  I believe it will prep me for my race better anyway.  The majority of these intervals today ended being mostly uphill.  The Huffman hill one really got my heart rate up.

Beautiful day today though!!!

8/21
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Ran early at 6:30am at school.  Kept it easy and I felt great.  Another super easy recovery run in the afternoon.

8/20
13 miles (7pm/6pm)

Busy with In-service today, so I didn't get my first run done until 4:30pm.  Was able to eat a little and then run my 2nd run at 8:30pm.  Both runs were at super easy pace.  I was suprised at how good my legs felt today!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive