August 27th- September 2nd

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,772 miles

Mileage for the week 8/27- 9/2
72 miles (taper week #1)

9/2
17 miles

Ran my Boston prep route with elmore extention.  I'm really fit right now.  Started at 7:30 pace but soon dropped it down.  Averaged 6:30 pace for entire run and it was easy!  I'm very happy where I'm at right now with just 2 weeks until the Equinox Marathon.

9/1
10 miles (5 @ Tempo)

Had a great workout today.  I know I'm in the best shape of my life because it felt so manageable (almost easy).

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
5 miles @ Tempo (5:35, 5:29, 5:27, 5:28, 5:22)
2 mile cool down

8/31
6 miles

Ran after work today. Went to Huffman and back.  Felt okay, but legs a little tired.  I think they were a little tired from just demonstrating leg exercises (squats, lunges, etc.) in my Wt. Training classes.

8/30
7 miles (6 x 100m striders)

A very easy recovery pace run today with some striders.  Blister on my left heal that bothered me. I'll take care of it tonight.

8/29
14 miles

Ran my hilly Boston prep route with some on Elmore extention.  Started easy and progressively picked it up.  Averaged 6:19 pace for the whole run. Started at 7:20 pace and brought it down to 5:22 pace my last mile.  I felt like I could run hard forever today.  Beautiful outside too.

8/28
10 miles (8 x 100m striders)

Ran to Dearmoun and back at an easy recovery pace w/ some striders thrown in at the end.  Felt pretty good and it was another sunny day out.

8/27
8 miles

Easy recovery pace to Dearmoun and back.  My legs were really tired today.  I felt better though as the run progressed.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive