August 6th- August 12th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,513 miles

Mileage for the week 8/6- 8/12
107 miles

8/12
20 miles (Arctic Valley- 47:24)

Decided I needed a little Equinox training so I did my long run at Arctic Valley.  Warmed up for 6 miles on the Mayors course and then hit my stop watch and headed up arctic valley.  I was thrilled that I actually felt pretty good.  On any flatter sections I was able to push the pace a little because I felt recovered. I must be a lot fitter than I've ever been while running Arctic Valley because I also ran it faster than I ever have.  Ran at a pretty good clip on the way down too to pound the quads a little. I was definitely tired at the end though.  Another solid week!  107 miles.

Gonna have a small cut back week coming up if I decide to run the Skinny Raven 1/2.  Not sure though.  $70 to race it is ridiculous.  It seems like these race prices are getting a little extreme.

8/11
8 miles

Ran to Dearmoun and back.  Kept it super easy to prepare for tomorrow's long run.  Felt really good.

8/10
17 miles (12am/5pm)

Ran my Boston Prep route today.  The weather was overcast, but perfect conditions.  I started out easy at 7:30 pace, but the last 6 miles were under 6 min. pace.  My last mile I kicked it down to 5:22.  It was amazing how I felt.  5:40 felt so effortless today.  There was times I had to remind myself to try and slow down because I have a big workout on Sunday.  Great Feeling!  I have to say I've never been as strong of a runner as I am right now.

Real easy recovery pace in the afternoon. Felt good.

8/9
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Beautiful and sunny morning today.  Ran to Dearmoun and back.  Kept it at recovery pace.
In the afternoon I ran with my wife.  Nice and easy but enjoyable in the sun!!!

8/8
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Got up early again to finish my run before I had to register my kids for school.  Woke up at 6:20, but didn't get out the door until 7:10am.  It sure is getting colder in the mornings. You can feel fall is just about here.  My legs were really tired this morning and felt heavy.  It's all part of marathon training.  Gonna keep it really easy tomorrow to recover.  I do like having my main run done earlier in the day.

Super easy 5 miler in the afternoon.  Felt good.

8/7
17 miles (11am w/ 6 x 1000m @5K pace)/6pm)

Woke up early (6:15am) so I could get my workout done before bringing the kids to their Eye checkups. Started off really slow (almost 8 minutes to run the 1st mile), but by mile 3 I was ready to start my workout.  I was going to do this on the track, but as I was running I decided to just use my GPS and run on the roads. I picked a mile section to go back and forth on that had some hills.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up with some striders
6 x 1000m @ 5K pace (times varied due to the terrain) w/ 2 min rest
4+ mile cool down

I was pretty happy on how I recovered pretty quick between the reps.  Nice to get it done early in the morning too.

Easy 6 mile recovery in the afternoon.  Felt good.

8/6
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs were at an easy recovery pace.  In the morning my legs felt prett tired for the 1st couple miles and then started to feel great.  Afternoon run was to Huffman and back and felt good too.  Gonna try and get another 100 mile week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive