July 30th- August 5th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,406 miles

Mileage for the week 7/30- 8/5
92 miles

8/5
18 miles

Ran the Boston prep route w/ elmore extention to the ball fields.  I took it out really easy since I raced yesterday, but overall I felt really good .  I started out at 7:30 pace and progressed down to low 6 min. pace.  Need to focus on some trail running and hills in the next few weeks.

8/4
14 miles (33:08 10K)

Perfect running conditions today!  Felt pretty good during the race.  Felt strong.

3mile warm up
10K in 33:08
5 mile cool down

Ran with my wife back to the start.

8/3
6 miles

An easy run to Huffman and back. The sun was out today so that was welcomed. Took it easy and hope to race well tomorrow morning in the Alaska 10K Classic!

8/2
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Ran an easy recovery paced 7 miles in the morning with 6 x 100m striders.  Felt really really good!  Excited for my 10K on saturday.

Another easy 5 miler in the afternoon.  Again, it felt good.

8/1
19 miles (15am/4pm)

Back in Alaska and the running is easy!  Ran my Boston prep route and added on Elmore extention to get my 15 miles.  I progressed from 7:08 pace down to 5:28 pace for my last mile.  The entire run averaged to 6:20 pace.  I felt really good today and I knew I was running a little fast, but it felt pretty easy.  Had a lot on my mind and it felt good to run it off.

Nice and easy recovery in the afternoon and an icebath.

7/31
10 miles (6 x 800m @ 5K pace)

My last run in Minnesota.  I woke up at 6am and was out the door by 6:30am.  I felt pretty good as I warmed up.  I didn't do my workout on the track, I just used my garmin and ran on county road 22.  It was kinda nice to do them off the track.  Nice to get some VO2 max work done.  Rest time was right around 90 seconds.  Driving to Fargo and finally flying back home.  Miss my family soooo much!

7/30
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Ran a couple of easy recovery paced runs today from Traci and Corey's house on county road 22.  Legs felt pretty good after my long run yesterday.  Gonna get up early tomorrow to get my run in before heading to Fargo to catch our plane to Anchorage. Can't wait to reunite with my family!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive