July 2nd- July 8th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,029 miles

Mileage for the week 7/2- 7/8
110 miles

7/8
21 miles

I ran my Boston prep route and Elmore extention to University Lake.  Progressive long run.  Started at 7:20 pace and ended around 6:05 pace.  Average 6:38 for the entire run.  I felt really good today.  Pretty nice conditions outside too.  It also helped that I stored 2 bottles of water on the route.  Highest mileage week of my life too.

7/7
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Ran to Dearmoun and back in the am.  Felt pretty good, but kept it easy.  Huffman and back in the afternoon.  Kept it really easy to recover and feel good for tomorrow.

7/6
17 miles (12am w/ 6 @ Tempo/ 5pm)

Pretty good workout this morning. It's been awhile since I did tempo pace, since getting sick a couple of weeks ago messed up my training cycle a little.  This workout went good though, but I kept it conservative.   Did a progressive tempo and it was done in my garage on the treadmill to acclimate to the warmer temps I'll get in Minnesota the next few weeks.  I felt really strong.

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
6 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27)
3 mile cool down

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the afternoon.  I was tired though.

7/5
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both at recovery pace.  I feel like I'm getting in pretty good shape, but legs a little tired on my second run today.  Tempo pace tomorrow!

7/4
20 miles (15am/5pm)

A good day of running for me.  Ran my Boston prep route with Elmore extention in the morning.  Gradually progressed from 7:20 pace down to 5:52 pace for the last mile.  I felt pretty strong, just not fast.

Super easy recovery in the evening to get the blood flowing.

7/3
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Same as yesterday.  Both really easy recovery pace.  Legs did feel better today though.

7/2
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both at recovery pace.  Legs were tired from the 20 miler yesterday.  Today was also the first day of the Cadet/Junior wrestling camp.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive