July 9th- July 15th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,120 miles


Mileage for the week 7/9- 7/15
91 miles

7/15
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs outside in the heat.  Kept them at recovery pace though.  Found a nice dirt road by campus which is nice to stay off the pavement around here.  Pretty good week despite the travel and heat.

7/14
16 miles (12 @ Marathon pace)

It was in the mid 90's today and I knew I couldn't do this workout outside with the heat and humidity.  I opted to pay $10 and go to planet fitness and jump on the treadmill.  They had the AC going, but I still sweated a ton and drenched through 2 t-shirts and my shorts were soaked.

Pretty happy with the workout.  It was more a progressive marathon pace, because I didn't know what to expect since I haven't been sleeping good because of the heat in the dorms.  I didn't want to have a suffer fest.  The first 6 miles at 5:52 pace was easy and felt more like a jog.

Here it is:
3 mile warm-up
12 miles @ MP ( 6@ 5:52, 2 @ 5:46, 2 @ 5:39, 2 @ 5:30)
1 mile cool down.

7/13
7 miles (8x100m striders)

It was pretty humid again this morning.  Felt really heavy and tired in the beginning of run.  Felt better as it went on though.  Recovery pace again.

7/12
10 miles (5am/5pm)

Both runs were at easy recovery pace.  Super humid and hot.  I sure hope I can run well in this weather.  Super tired today from traveling on the red eye flight.

7/11
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Ran my Boston Prep route with elmore extention.  Felt good today.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:50 pace towards the end. 

Super easy recovery pace in the evening.  Leave for Fargo tonight.

7/10
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Same as yesterday.  Kept it easy to recover from sunday's run.  I feel like my legs are feeling better and getting use to this higher mileage.  I've also noticed that my heart rate is getting lower during my runs too.  Medium Distance tomorrow and then I leave for Fargo at 9pm.  I won't be back to Alaska until July 31st.

7/9
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both were at easy recovery pace.  Suprised how good my legs felt after my long run yesterday and high mileage week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive