July 16th- July 22nd

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,208 miles

Mileage for the week 7/16- 7/22
88 miles

7/22
17 miles

95+ degrees in Fargo today. I opted to pay $10 at planet fitness to get my long run done.  I started out at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:20 pace.  I suprisngly felt pretty good despite the race and lack of sleep yesterday.  Heading to Bemidji tonight!!!

7/21
16 miles (8 mile leg and 6 mile leg w/ little warm-ups)

I ran the 81 on 81 relay today.  (It's 81 miles on Old Highway 81 out of Fargo, ND).  It was really cool how this was able to work out since I was in Fargo for Wrestling.  My friend Casey Miller was able to hook me up and put me on the "Fargo Running Company" team.  It was a 6 person relay where we all had to run 2 legs.  The race started at 9pm, but our team started at 2:30am since we were the fastest.  95 teams raced and we won by almost an hour!

I ran okay considering being tired from not sleeping and the heat on the 2nd leg.  I averaged about 5:45 pace on both of my legs.  Which was about the average for our whole team during the 81 mile race.  It was a great experience!

7/20
4 miles

An easy recovery 4 miles befor the relay race tomorrow.   Hot, but felt good.

7/19
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Hottest day yet!  A couple of easy recovery paced runs.

7/18
13 miles

Ran at 1:00pm today right in the heat of the day.  Some was also out which made it feel a little hotter.  I actually felt pretty good while running, but a little annoyed with the route I took.  County road with a lot of traffic and big semi-truck. Very little shoulder, so I couldn't relax much.  Nice to have it in the bank though.

7/17
14 miles (9am/5pm)

9 miles in the morning. (5 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec. rest)

It was my first VO2max training session of this marathon build-up.  It was nice to get the legs turning over a little faster.  The weather actually wasn't that bad, but still more humid than I'd like and I know I lost a lot of water.  I was also able to run my 800's on the North Dakota State University track.

3.5 mile warm-up w/ striders
5 x 800m w/ 90 sec rest (2:33 2:31, 2:33, 2:33, 2:32) I was honest on recovery, no more than 90 sec.
3 mile cool down

Easy recovery pace 5 miler in the afternoon.

7/16
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were at recovery pace.  Didn't run until noon when it was 90 degrees and humid out. Wasn't too bad, but I could feel the heat and sweated a lot.  Felt pretty good though.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive