July 23rd- July 29th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,314 miles

Mileage for the week 7/23- 7/29
106 miles

7/29
24 miles

Ran around Lake Bemidji and Lake Irving today to get my 24 miles in.  Started at 7:30am, but probably should've started at 6:30 because it was warm and I ran in the direct sun for most of it.  Kyle and Kory were a huge help biking next to me and carrying my water and gu for me.  I averaged about 6:36 for the entire run.  Felt pretty good.  Another solid week with 106 miles.

7/28
8 miles

Nice and easy recovery pace run this morning. Legs feel pretty good and I'm looking forward to my 24 mile run tomorrow around Lake Bemidji and Lake Irving.  Hopefully it's cooler.

7/27
17 miles (11am w/ 7 @ Tempo, 6pm)

Went to an athletic club in Bemidji to do my workout this morning to stay out of the heat and have a controlled environment to run my tempo.  Turned out it wasn't that cool in the club either.  Another sweat fest!  Had to clean both treadmills next to me too.  Pleased with my workout though.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
7 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27)
1 mile cool down

Went out to the resort in the afternoon and ran an easy 6 mile recovery pace run.

7/26
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Ran an easy 7 in the morning and felt pretty good.  I'm not sure what it is, but I've enjoyed my morning runs lately.  Drove to Brainerd to visit with my sister.  Was able to run an easy 5 miles there in the afternoon.

7/25
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Ran around Lake Bemidji today in the morning.  It's always nice to come back home and run the lake that I once thought was so far just to bike around.  Felt pretty good throughout the run, except it was humid and I didn't drink any water during the run.  Shoes and shorts were soaked!!!!  Averaged 6:40 for the entire run.  Progressed from 7:15 pace down to low 6:00 min pace towards the end.

Nice and easy 5 mile recovery in the afternoon.  Hot and sunny out too.  Felt good though.

7/24
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Another couple easy recovery runs.  I got a lot of sun today while I was running and playing in the lake at the resort.

7/23
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were done at recovery pace.  My afternoon run was terrible though.  I took off from Paradise Resort in Northern Minnesota and with-in the first mile I was being swarmed by Deer flies.  I got bit so many times.  The run really sucked because of this.  I swear if I would've stopped I would've been taken to the ground by these flies.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive