June 25- July 1st

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,919 miles

Mileage for the week 6/25- 7/1
92 miles

7/1
20 miles

Temps were great outside for the run.  63-65 degrees.  My legs were tired from the beginning.  I felt okay for the first 3/4 of the run.  I struggled though from mile 17-20.  I'm sure not drinking any water didn't help.  Averaged about 6:46 for the entire run.  Not the greatest, but I'll take it.

6/30
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs today were super easy recovery pace to Huffman and back.  In the morning I added a few striders too.  Beautiful day outside and I feel a little bit better.  Still have some congestion though.

6/29
17 miles (12am/5pm)

I ran my Boston prep route today.  I tell ya the temps in Alaska are so ideal for running in the summer compared to some other states.  Felt pretty good running.  Coughed a little, but less than yesterday.  Hope to get rest this week.

Easy recovery pace in the pm.

6/28
6 miles

I flew back from Salt Lake City this morning.  Very tired and took a nap in the afternoon.  Was able to manage an easy 6 miler in the evening.  Still fighting this stupid cold and it's annoying!!! 

6/27
13 miles

I was up a lot last night coughing.  Getting really tired of being sick and run down.  I had a good run this morning though.  Same trail as the last couple of days.  A little cooler this morning which made things feel real good.  I felt pretty strong running except for the coughing I did during the run.  Hopefully I'll get rested up and healthy when I get back home in Alaska.

6/26
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Same trails as yesterday.  Felt really tired in the morning and legs kinda dead.  Felt better in afternoon.  Easy on both runs.

6/25
11 miles

I found an awesome paved running path today in Orem, Utah.  I believe it's called the Provo River Parkway trails.  It's starts down by the base of the mountains and has some spectacular views and waterfalls on the route.  Plus, I don't have to deal with traffic.  It's only a 3.5 mile car ride to the start.

I felt a lot better today despite running at 1pm when it was probably 90+ degrees out.  I brought a water bottle and sipped on it during the run.  Went out pretty easy for 5.5 miles and then picked it up the 2nd half running about 6:15 pace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive