June 11th- June 17th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,797 miles

Mileage for the week 6/11- 6/17
90 miles

6/17
18 miles

I felt okay today.  It was definetly hot out and I wish I could've carried more water.  I ran 2 hilly loops that were 8 miles each and then just did a short out and back.  The first 3 miles were gradually up hill with a couple of steep uphill sections.  Took it pretty easy on the 1st loop.  I was able to stash a gu and a 16oz. bottle of water at my hotel to take after my 1st loop.  I picked up the pace a little on the 2nd loop.  I lost a lot of water on the run and minerals.  Lots of salt on my skin when I was finished.  Nice to get it done though.  Took an ice bath afterwards too.  Solid week of training.  Gonna take a slight cut back week coming up.  Gonna be busy coaching wrestling too at Western Regionals.

6/16
6 miles

Felt okay.  First run in the 80's.  Nice to run in the sun though.

6/15
12 miles

Caught the red eye to Salt Lake City and then drove up to Pocatello, ID.  Took about a 1 hr. nap and then headed out to get my run done.  I felt okay.  I was just tired from lack of sleep.  I forget how hilly it is around here plus I'm above 4,400 ft. in elevation.

6/14
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Nice and easy from chugiak H.S. this morning.  Legs felt really tired and I was pretty sore at first. After I warmed up I was good. Kept it real easy the entire run to recover.  After camp I ran an easy 4 miles on the treadmill.  I head to Idaho and Utah tonight for the next 13 days. Gonna get a little elevation training in the heat.

6/13
15 miles

Ran my Boston prep route and extension on Elmore.  I felt really good.  Progressed from 7:30 pace to low 6 min. pace.  I ran my last mile in 5:45.

6/12
14 miles (10 miles w/ 5 @ Tempo in the am/ 4pm)

Raining pretty good and since I was doing a workout I decided to just do it on my treadmill.  Very warm in my garage though.  Progressive tempo.  I always do these workouts better when I slowly work into tempo pace.  I felt great though.

3 mile warm-up w/ strides
5 miles @ Tempo (5:42, 5:39, 5:36, 5:33, 5:27)
2 mile cool-down

Nice and easy 4 recovery miles after camp.

6/11
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Recovery pace miles.  Felt good on both runs.  Ran to Huffman and back after camp.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive