June 4th- June 10th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,707

Mileage for the week 6/4- 6/10
91 miles

6/10
20 miles

I had a great run today.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:57 pace towards the end.  I believe the average for the entire run was 6:35 pace.  I felt really strong the last 8-10 miles.  First 20 miler since I began my taper for Boston.

6/9
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Easy run in the morning at Chugiak.  Did a few drills after on the field turf barefoot. Felt good.  Easy 4 in the afternoon after camp.

6/8
12 miles- medium distance

I ran from Chugiak H.S. down toward the inlet by the birchwood shooting range and back.  I felt really good today.  Took it easy on the way down and good effort on the way back.

6/7
11 miles (7am/4pm)

Ran nice and easy from camp today in Chugiak.  Felt good, but was experiencing a little pain in my right quad.  Hurt more on the downhills.  Ran another easy 4 miles after camp on the level treadmill and it felt fine. Took an ice bath afterwards too.  Hope it goes away soon.

6/6
12 miles- medium distance

Today was the first day of wrestling camp.  Due to registration and logistics I couldn't get out and run during the day. I had to wait until 5:30p to start and it was pouring outside.  I was tired and not in a good mood.  Sucked it up and ran on the treadmill though. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:56 at the end. Didn't really feel that hot the 1st half.  Felt kinda vertigo.  Probably because I didn't eat since 11am, plus it was hot in the garage!!!  Sucked it up and got it done though.  National Running Day too.

6/5
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Again both runs at recovery pace.  Legs felt really good today.  Nice and sunny out too on my second run in the evening.  Team Alaska wrestling camp begins tomorrow.  Gotta do my best to get my workouts in.

6/4
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were at easy super easy recovery pace.  Took an ice bath today too and did some eccentric calf raises.  Felt good, but legs tired.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive