June 18th- June 24th

Mileage for the Year 2012
1,827 miles

Mileage for the week 6/18- 6/24
30 miles- sick

6/24
8 miles

Woke up early to run before leaving pocatello.  Was going to try and hit a 10-12 mile run. The first 3 miles are bascially all up hill with some steep sections.  I tried to take it easy, but was struggling.  Death march the last couple miles.  When I got to hotel I was dead. Legs felt a 1000 pounds too.  Discouraging run.  Can tell I'm still sick.  Congested and couging a lot now.

6/23
7 miles

Felt better today then yesterday.  Took it easy on the way out and pick it up a little bit on the way back.  Was happy to actually run today.

6/22
5 miles

Felt a little better and decided to just take a super easy 5 miler.  It wasn't pretty.

6/21
Sick

6/20
Sick

Couldn't move all day.

6/19
Sick

Woke up not feeling very well.  So decided to wait until after wrestling tournament today to run.  Only got worse throughout the day and before I knew it I think I had the flu.  Over night I would violently shake from being cold and then wake up in a puddle of sweat and be overheating.  This went on for almost 48 hrs.  2nd time in 3 months.  Not sure what to think, but it definetly sucks!!!!

6/18
10 miles (6am/4pm)- recovery

Kept it super easy at 6am before the wrestling tournament.  Legs tired but felt good.  Another super easy 4 miles in the afternoon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive