September 10th- September 16th

Mileage for the Year 2012
2,880 miles

Mileage for the week 9/10- 9/16 "Equinox Marathon"
51 miles

9/16
Off

9/15
28 miles (Equinox Marathon- 2:58:03- 4th Place)

2 mile warm-up
26.2 miles "Equinox"- 2:58:03

I was finally able to get under the 3hr. mark for this tough marathon.  It was a perfect day for running! Overcast and cool.  I was able to stay up with the leaders for the first 6-7 miles which I really think helped me get a faster time.  Again, I struggled with the climb up Ester Dome, but I kept running the entire time and I didn't power hike the steep sections like last year.  I felt pretty good all the way.  I struggled from Miles 21 to the finish, but was able to keep everything together and keep a good pace to the finish.  I was overcome with a lot of emotions after the race.  I put a lot of time into it this year and been struggling with things.  It was a special moment to finish and reach my goal.

9/14
4+ miles

Just an easy shake out run.  I'm as ready as I've ever been. It's going to be a fun race tomorrow.  Gotta stay relaxed but tough at the same time.  Worked hard for this one.  Can't wait!!!!!

9/13
6 miles (6 x 100m striders)

Easy to Huffman and back with some striders.  Felt super good.

9/12
Off- Full recovery.

9/11
8 miles ( 3 @ MP)

Ran a 3 mile warm-up with a few striders.  Ran 3 miles at Marathon pace between Huffman and Dearmoun and back and last one was from Huffman to O'Malley.  I kept it at the slower end of Marathon pace and I felt good.  Gonna take a rest day tomorrow which will be the 1st day off from running since June 21st when I had the flu.

9/10
6 miles

Beautiful day out.  Easy run to Huffman and back.  Felt good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive