April 14th- April 20th "Week #18- Marathon Week!"

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,331 miles

Mileage for the week 4/14- 4/20
25 miles

4/20
5 miles

Ran along the Charles River again. Went with Jerry and Monica.  A couple of miles into it, I could feel the pain in the Achilles slightly.  Oh well, I have to give it a go tomorrow.  I'm trying my best to keep my spirits up.  I can't wait to just run this race though!!!!

4/19
7 miles w/ 6 x 100m striders

Ran along the Charles river.  I love this loop on marathon weekend.  So many runners.  I just wish I would've enjoyed it more. My Achilles felt fine the first few miles, but then the pain started up again.  It was tolerable for sure, but an annoyance.

4/18
Off- Traveled to Boston

4/17
Off- Rest achilles

4/16
7 miles (3 @ MP)

Not in a good mood.  My Achilles is definitely hurting.  Can't believe I got injured out of nowhere.  No signs, reducing my mileage.  Today's workout was on my treadmill and it hurt while running slow.  I needed to know where I was and if I was going to have to run hurt or not. Here is the workout:

3 mile warm-up w/striders
3 miles at Marathon pace (5:42, 5:42, 5:36)
1 mile cool down

I wanted to know how it felt while running at pace or faster.  It was ok, but definitely not the same. I could feel it and it was sure angry after I was done.  I guess I'm taking 2 full days off and hopefully I can run easy on Saturday and Sunday before the race. Ugggh..... I put so much time and effort into this and I'm in the best running shape of my life.

4/15
Off

My Achilles is sure angry at me for some reason.  It's frustrating that it would all of a sudden start to hurt.  No early signs or anything.  Took the day off from running, but I did walk a couple miles.  In the big scheme of things it's okay for a rest day right now, but I like the rhythm I was in. Hopefully better tomorrow.

4/14
6 miles

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back.  Weather was beautiful and 50 degrees out.  My first outdoor run in shorts at least.  My left Achilles down low by my ankle is pretty upset right now. Not sure where that came from.  Need to keep an eye on it. I may not run tomorrow if it's still upset.

1 comment:

SteveC702 said...

I have had similar pains that pop up out of nowhere during my taper before and it's ridiculously maddening. The only theory I have heard that mildly makes sense is that your body is just taking the time to heal up and may just be hypersensitive.

A day off here and there won't hurt you at this point, and I am sure you'll be ready to roll on next Monday. Best of luck if I don't see you in the corral beforehand.

-Steve

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive