April 7th- April 13th "Week #17"

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,306 miles

Mileage for the week 4/7- 4/13
55 miles

4/13
12 miles

Had an outstanding run this morning.  Ran my Boston prep route and I felt pretty darn good.  Ran the downhills hard, to get some last pounding of the quads.  Last few miles were sub 6 and it was effortless.  Getting excited to get to Boston and run this marathon!

4/12
6 miles

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back.  It felt really good to get outside and run.  A little chilly this morning with a few small snow flurries.  I felt great.

4/11
10 miles (3 x 1 mile @ 5K pace w/ 2 min rest)

I felt much better today.  Whatever bug I had, I believe it is gone.  I hate being sick!  I'm just glad it didn't get worse.  I need to be really smart this next week with my health, sleep, etc...

I had a good workout today. Felt good and relaxed during my miles @ 5K pace.

3 mile warm-up w/striders
3 X 1 mile w/ 2 min rest (5:00, 4:56, 4:56)
3.5 mile cool down

4/10
6 miles

Still fighting this bug.  It's not a cold, but I just feel run down big time.  I did feel better after work today and ran an easy 6 to Huffman and back and it went pretty good. I think it's more of a stomach bug, because I feel bloated and have some gas issues. Gonna get another good nights sleep and keep pumping the fluids and airbornes.

4/9
6 miles

Easy recovery pace after work.  I woke up and I felt tired and pretty weak.  I believe I'm fighting a bug.  Gotta really concentrate and focus on rest and recovery right now and shake this.  I don't think it'll get bad though.  I felt pretty good running, but tired.

4/8
9 miles

Had to get up early to get my run done, since I have to work at skinny raven after work.  My garage was really warm today and sweat was everywhere.  General Aerobic pace.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:07 pace.  Felt good, but tired.

4/7
6 miles

An easy recovery pace run today after school.  It's nice to sleep in an extra hour before school.  I wasn't really motivated to run this today, but I felt good while doing it.  Getting so close.  Used the foam roller after I ran to help with my muscle soreness.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive