March 31st- April 6th "Week #16"

Mileage for the Year 2014
1,251 miles

Mileage for the week 3/31- 4/6
82 miles

4/6
18 miles

My last long run before Boston!  I ran at a good effort and sub 6 pace towards the end, but I was tired.  I ran pretty hard on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and today. So, I really need to take the taper serious so I can feel refreshed at the Starting line.  I ran my Boston prep route with Elmore Extention to Tudor and back.  Like I said,  good effort and tired.

4/5
10 miles (5 @ Tempo)

It was nice to be able to sleep in until almost 9am this morning!!! I needed it.  Today's tempo went ok.  I think I was a little tired because I did just do a bunch of tempo last Sunday and my 2 medium long runs were at a pretty good effort too. Plus, my garage is a sauna.

Here it is:

3 mile warm-up with striders
5 @ Tempo (5:27, 5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:21)
2 mile cool down

4/4
12 miles

I was going to double this morning, but hey I'm on a taper and I got an extra hour of sleep.  Ran my Boston prep route after school today.  Legs a little heavy in the beginning, but felt great after a few miles.  Kept it pretty general aerobic pace, but ran up Huffman at a good clip and came down Birch at a decent clip too to get some leg pounding.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:50 pace the last couple of miles.

4/3
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both were at easy recovery pace.  I ran home from work for the afternoon run.  My right hip flexor muscle is a little tender today.  I'll keep an eye on it.

4/2
15 miles

I work from 7am to 7pm again today, so I decide to get up at 4:30am and I was running by 5:00am.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:36 pace.  The last 5 miles were all sub 6.  I actually felt pretty good running, but I know if I don't focus on sleep a little more it'll catch up to me. Hopefully I'm sleeping by 9pm tonight.

4/1
8 miles

Needed to get up at 5am to finish this easy recovery pace run before work, since I'm working until 7pm tonight.  I felt good, but tired from lack of sleep.

3/31
6 miles

Super easy recovery pace.  I was really sore when I started, but felt good after a mile.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive