March 10th- March 16th "Week #13"

Mileage for the Year 2014
975 miles

Mileage for the week 3/10- 3/16
105 miles

3/16
20 miles (15 @ MP)

Had a great workout this morning.  I felt really strong the entire time.  Another good confidence boost for Boston.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up with Striders
15 @ Marathon pace (1st 5- 5:46, 2nd 5- 5:42, then 5:39, 5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27)
2 mile cool down

3/15
6 miles

Didn't get much sleep last night, but I did an easy 6 recovery pace to Huffman and back after work.

3/14
18 miles (13am/5pm)

Had a great morning run today.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  Basically the same run as wednesday, but I felt so much better today.  It felt almost effortless.  In the evening I ran to Huffman and back at an easy recovery pace and felt really good. Legs a little tired.  Big Marathon pace workout on Sunday!!!!

3/13
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Both runs were super easy recovery pace.  Felt super during both of them.

3/12
20 miles (15am/5pm)

I really wanted to run from the Post Office to Totem route for my 15 miler this morning.  I drove all the way  to the post office.  I ran about a 1/2 mile before I gave up and headed back to car.  So, Icy!!!!! I couldn't get a stride and I was going almost 9min pace. Drove home and did the 15 on my treadmill  in my 100 degree garage.  I started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  The last 5-6 were sub 6.  I felt pretty good, but it was a sweat fest.  I know I lost a lot of water, but I did drink my 20oz water bottle.

Super easy recovery pace after work this evening.  I felt great and actually wanted to keep running I was enjoying it so much with the good music, but I knew I probably shouldn't and I need to recover.

3/11
15 miles (11am/4pm)

My workout this morning was on a treadmill since the dome was booked with ASD sports.  I did 6 X 1000m w/ 2 min active rest.  I felt pretty good once I got warmed up and my lowerback warmed up as well.  Here it is:

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
6 X 1000m @ 11.8 mph- 12.0 mph (5:05- 5:00min pace)
3 mile cool down

Easy recovery run after work tonight. Felt pretty good.

3/10
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Back was still really tight this morning and uncomfortable.  I did some exercises I googled on the internet for my lower back.  It seemed to get better as the day went on.

Both runs were at an easy recovery pace today. Legs a little tired until they warmed up.  Other than my back, I felt pretty good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive