March 3rd- March 9th "Week #12"

Mileage for the Year 2014
870 miles

Mileage for the week 3/3- 3/9
105 miles

3/9
24 miles

I woke up and my lower back is still tight.  I knew I could toughen it out and get this long run done, but it was still annoying to have the tightness and pain, when I knew I would've enjoyed this run so much more.  I ran the first 13 miles outside on my Boston prep route and the last 11 were on my treadmill in my hot garage.  I started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:36 pace.  The treadmill running was a lot better on my back and after a few miles, I didn't really notice the pain at all.  Solid week as well with 105 miles.  Gonna recover from this long run and get my back better quickly.  Spring Break week should help with this. I plan on getting another big mileage week.

3/8
6 miles

Easy recovery pace before working at skinny mini.  My back is definetly tight.  I could feel it when I was moving around in bed this morning.  I was fine running at an easy pace though.  It should get better soon. I'm not too worried about it.

3/7
17 miles (13am/4pm)

Had another great run this morning before work.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace. If felt almost effortless. I did however develop a little lower back tightness about half way through the run.

Easy recovery pace after work. Back is definitely tight, but did warm up.  I've experienced this before, so I'll keep my eye on it. Spring Break has officially begun!!!!!

3/6
13 miles (7am/6pm)

Both runs today were at an easy recovery pace.  I actually felt pretty good on both of the runs.

3/5
21 miles (15am/6pm)

Snowed pretty good last night and today.

I woke up at 4:30am this morning and was running by 5:05am.  I knew I had to work at Skinny Raven from 3-7p after work.  I really didn't want to run after working all day.  Getting up early isn't the easiest either, but I prefer that over the later.

Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  I felt pretty good the entire run.  Felt so good getting it done before 6:50am!!!

Easy recovery pace on my 2nd run between school and Skinny Mini.  Felt good as well.

3/4
14 miles (5am/9pm "6 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec rest")

An easy recovery pace before I had to go into Jury Duty this morning.  Felt pretty good and I'm glad I ended up not getting picked for the long court case.

In the afternoon I did a workout at the dome.  9 miles with some 800's.  I felt really good actually doing the 800's.  I usually don't like the VO2max workouts, but it felt pretty comfortable.

3 mile warm-up w/striders
6 x 800m @ 5K pace with 90 sec rest (2:28, 2:28, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:28)
3+ mile cool down

3/3
10 miles

I was in Jury all day from 8am-2pm. Since I got into town late last night I was too tired to run before. So, I kept it super easy for all 10 miles after Jury Duty. I felt really good.  Legs a little tight still from the race.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive