March 17th- March 23rd "Week #14"

Mileage for the Year 2014
1068 miles

Mileage for the week 3/17- 3/23
93 miles

3/23
20 miles

Beautiful and sunny day.  I ran the first 13 miles outside on my Boston route.  It was great to get outside and enjoy the sun and get some hills too.  It was still pretty sketchy in areas with ice and I wanted to get down towards marathon pace the last 4-5 miles, so I did the last 7 on my treadmill.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  It's pretty awesome when a 20 miler doesn't seem to really take that much out of me.  4 more weeks!!!

3/22
10 miles (6am/4pm)

Easy recovery pace during both runs.  Ran with Jerry out on post mark drive in the evening.  Lots of traffic though since there was a nice sunset coming up.  Felt good.

3/21
(4am/12pm "10K Time Trial")

Easy recovery run in the morning.  Felt good.

10K Time Trial at the dome.  Started at 7:15pm and it was a lot of fun.  Tony Tomisch and Jake Moe helped pace and Todd List and Jerry Ross helped time.  It was a good effort, but I know I could've really pushed it more.  I felt recovered almost immediately.

3 mile warm-up
10K- 33:08
3 mile cool down

3/20
11 miles (5.5am/5.5pm)

Needed to sleep in until 6am, so know time to run before work.  I got first run done during my lunch break and my 2nd run done right after work.  Both easy recovery runs.  Felt good.

3/19
14 miles (10am/4pm)

I had to sleep until at least 5am.  Only had time to run 10 miles this morning, I wanted to get 15 but wasn't going to happen.  I did find 30 minutes after school before the wrestling banquet to run another easy 4 miles though.

3/18
10 miles (6 x 800m @ 5K)

Due to time of my root canal I did this on the treadmill instead of the dome.  I felt pretty good, but no water and my garage was a furnace!!!!!

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
6 x 800m @ 5K pace w/ 90 sec rest (11.0mph w/ 3% incline)
3+ mile cool down

3/17
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were at super easy recovery pace.  Felt really good during both. Legs a little tired from yesterday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive