February 24th- March 2nd "Week #11"

Mileage for the Year 2014
765 miles

Mileage for the week 2/24- 3/2
92 miles

3/2
10 miles

An awesome recovery run this morning in the beautiful sun.  It was also cool out. Ran 5 miles out on Hawes and back.

3/1
19 miles ( 1/2 marathon PR 1:11:50)

3 mile easy warm-up with striders
13.1 miles (1:11:50)
3+ mile cool down

I woke up at 4am to get some toast and a cup of coffee to wake up before the 6:30am start.  It was a fast course with the majority downhill.  The weather was also about perfect.  I felt pretty comfortable the entire time.  I never really pushed the pace until I could see the finish. Overall a good race, especially since I was tired all week recovering from my Maui vacation.  Just tired.

2/28
6 miles

Easy recovery in phoenix.  I didn't get much sleep on the flight to phoenix.  I was exhausted when I arrived and after a good breakfast, I took a good 2 hour pour nap.  I woke up and did a super easy 6 miler.  It felt pretty good though running in the sun in shorts.

2/27
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Both runs today were super easy recovery pace.  I was tired and my legs felt tired this morning before work, but my afternoon run my legs felt great and had some spring back into them.  Leave for Phoenix tonight.

2/26
20 miles (5am/15pm)

Easy recovery before work today.  After school I had a real good run, but just feel tired overall.  I felt fine and actually strong, but mentally tired.  I just need to put together a couple of good nights sleep.  I started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace by the end.

2/25
14 miles (8am/6pm)

Both were super easy recovery.  Very tired before work today, but felt better after school running.

2/24
11 miles (5am/6pm)

Tired today from a long week in Maui.  Ran an easy 5 during my lunch break and then I ran to Huffman and back after work at another easy recovery pace.  Sun was out!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive