February 17th- February 23rd "Week #10"

Mileage for the Year 2014
673 miles

Mileage for the week 2/17- 2/23
80 miles "Recovery week"

2/23
17 miles

Last day on the island and I awoke up at 6am to get my long run done. Was out the door before 7.  Ran all the way down to Front St in Lahaina and back.  Started at 7 min pace and progressed down to 6 min pace.  I felt pretty good, just a little tired from the week. 17 miles is still kind of long without carrying any water and running in the sun. It was great doing all 6 runs in shorts and no shirt. Definitely coming back to Maui soon.

2/22
12 miles

Same exact route as yesterday, but kept it at easy recovery pace.  I also didn't start until after 12pm so it was pretty warm.  Felt good though.

2/21
12 miles

Ran my same route.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to sub 6.  Felt good.  My diet hasn't been the best, but I'm on vacation!

2/20
10 miles

Easy recovery pace in Maui.  I was running by 7:30am and  I ran the same route.  I could tell my legs were tired from the faster pace yesterday and playing on the ocean yesterday with a stand up board.  I forced myself to run slow, so I can recover for tomorrow's run.  I have to remember that I'm on vacation and it's ok if I deviate from the plan a little.

2/19
11 miles (5 x 800m w/ 90 sec rest)

Woke up early to get it done.  Took me a long time to get warmed up.  Ended up doing 4 miles w/ strides before I started the VO2 max stuff.  I also just decided to run at a perceived 5K pace effort for 2:30 min.  The first workout like this always seems hard. I guess I'm just not use to using this system.

2/18
10 miles

Started running in the heat of the day.  It was so nice running in the sun in shorts and no shirt.  General aerobic pace and I felt great.

2/17
8 miles

Easy recovery pace this morning at 6am.  I woke up early to get it done before my flight to Hawaii!!!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive