February 3rd- February 9th "Week #8"

Mileage for the Year 2014
490 miles

Mileage for the week 2/3- 2/9
95 miles

2/9
22 miles

Pretty darn good run today.  Ran with TJ and we did the Totem run X2 and I did an extra 3 after that.  I felt pretty good, but the head wind at parts was kinda annoying after awhile.  Happy getting it done.

Ended up with 2nd place this weekend at State.  It's nice that the season is over and I can focus on Boston a little more now.

2/8
5 miles

Easy recovery pace at 5:30am this morning.  Last day of the State Championships. We have a slim lead and will need to wrestle well to win State.

2/7
8 miles

Easy recovery pace before I left for the State Championships.  Felt real good.  Here I go.  Go South!!!

2/6
19 miles (15am/4pm)

Started my run this morning at 5:30am to get it done before work. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  Felt really really really good.  It amazes me how good I feel when I get sub 6 min pace.  Gonna be a very busy 2 days coming up with State Wrestling.  I'll do my best to get my runs done, but also need rest.

Easy 4 miles in the afternoon.

2/5
16 miles (12am w/ 7 @ Tempo/4pm)

Great workout this morning at 6am.  Tempo!!!! Here it is:

3 mile warm up w/striders
7 miles straight @ Tempo (5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:21, 5:18, 5:18, 5:15)
2 mile cool down

Felt pretty comfortable the entire workout, but I know its hard when it's hot, early, and haven't eaten anything since the night before.  Make you tough though.

Easy 4 mile recovery run before practice.

2/4
13 miles (8am/5pm)

Easy recovery before work today and and an easy 5 mile recovery pact to Huffman and back after practice.  Felt good, but legs a little tired and my feet a little beat up still.  Just need to recover from Sunday.

2/3
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Both runs today were super easy recovery pace.  Feet were a little sore from the pounding yesterday.  Legs a little tired, but felt good to get them going.  Another busy week with our State Championship this weekend.  Then the training with adequate rest begins!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive