February 10th- February 16th "Week #9"

Mileage for the Year 2014
593 miles

Mileage for the week 2/10- 2/16
103 miles

2/16
17 miles (12 @ Marathon Pace)

I had a great workout this morning!!!!  I know I'm in uncharted territory with my fitness, because it felt so easy and comfortable.  I guess it should be, since it's only 12 miles and a Marathon is 26.2.  But, I've done many of these workouts and it has never been so comfortable. This will definetly motivate me the next 9 weeks.  I'm also excited to be going to my daughters dance recital this afternoon.  I love to watch her dance!!! Both my kids work so hard. I'm a lucky man.  Heading to Hawaii tomorrow too.  It works out great because it's also a recovery week.  I can't think of a better place to be while running.  Here is today's workout.

3 mile warm-up w/ striders
12 miles @ MP (5:42, 5:42, 5:39, 5:39, 5:39, 5:39, 5:39, 5:36, 5:36, 5:36, 5:30, 5:30)
2 mile cool down

2/15
11 miles (7am/4pm)

Very easy recovery pace.  Was able to get a good nights sleep and that helped.  Felt really good.  Big Marathon pace workout tomorrow morning.

2/14
18 miles (13am/5pm)

Great Run this morning.  Started at 6am before our In-service day.  Pace started at 7:30pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  It felt so EASY running sub 6.  I love how I can just run 13-15 miles and it's a piece of cake.

Easy recovery at noon today.  Kept it super easy and felt great.

2/13
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Parent/Teacher conferences all day, so I had to adjust my running times.  I had both runs done by 11:30 this morning.  I was still able to get 4 hours between runs which is ok.  First run was at 5:30am.  Both were super easy recovery pace.  I actually felt really good on both runs.

2/12
20 miles (15am/5pm)

Pretty good run this morning.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:46.  It was nice in warm in my garage too. Legs a little tired for the 1st half of the run.

Easy recovery pace to Huffman and back in the evening. Felt good.

2/11
13 miles (8am/5pm)

I woke up at 5am to get my first run done before work. Kept both runs at super easy recovery pace.  Calves a little tight in the beginning, but felt good overall.

2/10
12 miles (5am/7pm)

Both easy recovery pace runs.  Ran the 1st one during my lunch break and the 2nd one after work.  It sure feels nice right now when school is out that I don't have to go to wrestling practice:)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive