January 27th- February 2nd "Week #7"

Mileage for the Year 2014
395 miles

Mileage for the week 1/27- 2/2
95 miles

2/2
20 miles

Great Long Run today.  Started at 11am from the Post Office with Thaddeus and Tony.  We ran to the Totem and back.  Grabbed a quick gu and a sip of water and headed back. Jake Moe met us for the 2nd half.  I felt pretty strong and we ran most the run at a good clip.  Lots of sub 6 miles which is pretty good considering the terrain and dressed for 15-20 degree weather.  I did feel ready to be done at the end for sure. Good effort today.

2/1
5 miles

Super easy at Chugiak during the Conference tournament.  We won another Conference title and it feels good. One more week till state!!!

1/31
12 miles

We have our region wrestling tournament starting today, so I ran at 6am to get it out of the way.  It amazes me how these runs feel so easy now.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:49.  Felt awesome.  Big 2 days of wrestling coming up.

1/30
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Both runs today were easy easy recovery pace again.  Felt good.  These runs are important and not just junk miles.  They increase volume and work on your aerobic capacity.  Plus, it helps with the weight:)

1/29
19 miles (15am/4pm)

Was able to get a good run in before school again this morning.  It's always nice to have it done for the day.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:46 pace the last few miles.  Feels so comfortable.  I guess the idea is to get my body use to running around marathon pace.

Easy 4 recovery miles after practice today.

1/28
15 miles
(11 miles w/ 6 @ Tempo AM/ 4PM  )

Had a great tempo workout this morning before school.  I realize that I need to have my tempos be closer to 5:20 pace to reach my goals this spring.  Granted this was done on the treadmill, but I've done this before and I felt more fit than I ever have running these.  Things are looking up.  As long as I keep to the plan and don't get greedy!  I'll stay healthy and have a shot at sub 2:30 in Boston.

Workout:
3 mile warm-up w/ striders
6 miles @ Tempo (5:30, 5:27, 5:27, 5:21, 5:13, 5:08)
2 mile cool down.

Ran an easy recovery run after practice this afternoon.

1/27
12 miles (8am/4pm)

Both runs were super easy recovery pace.  Felt good during both.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive