January 13th- January 19th "Week #5"

Mileage for the Year 2014
213 miles

Mileage for the week 1/13- 1/19
82 miles

1/19
20 miles

Ran the first 13 on my Boston prep route and the last 7 on my treadmill.  It was super icy outside and kind of dangerous at times.  It was nice to get outside though. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:39 pace. It felt really comfortable too.  Solid week considering I'm still busy with coaching, etc.....

1/18
5 miles

Easy recovery pace today. Had a wrestling tournament at Dimond all day too.

1/17
14 miles

Great run today.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:42 pace.  Felt really comfortable.  I think it maybe a little too warm in my garage, because I can wring my shirt and shorts out at the end.  I know it'll help if the weather is warmer in Boston.  Just need to make sure I drink water while running.

1/16
12 miles (6am/6pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace.  Ran during lunch on treadmill at school.  Then I ran to Huffman and back after practice tonight.  Felt good to be OUTSIDE!!!

1/15
11 miles

Ran before work again this morning.  Have a wrestling meet tonight, so I had no other choice.  I felt really good again.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:52.  Kept it fairly easy.  I guess that's general aerobic pace.

1/14
10 miles (5 @ Tempo)

Good workout this morning before work. It was a progressive tempo workout. Felt really good and very comfortable during the whole thing. Kept feeling stronger as the miles went by.

3 mile warm-up with striders
5 miles @ Tempo (5:33, 5:27, 5:21, 5:15, 5:10)
2 mile cool down

1/13
10 miles (5.5am/4.5pm)

Both easy recovery runs.  Felt good during both.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive