January 20th- January 26th "Week #6"

Mileage for the Year 2014
300 miles

Mileage for the week 1/20- 1/26
87 miles

1/26
16 miles

Finally was able to get outside.  It was glorious too!!!! Ran from the post office by the aiport to Totem and back and then another 6 mile out and back.  Felt good to run outside and on pavement that didn't have Ice on it.  It was a beautiful day as well with the temps near 40 degrees.  Crazy weather for January.  Started at 7:20 pace and progressed down to 5:45 pace.  Felt good to get the legs moving outside. Lots of uphills and downhills to prepare for Boston.

1/25
8 miles

I tried to run outside, but it was stupid icy out. Slipping all over, running too slow, and not having any fun so I turned back home and finished up on the treadmill.  Kept it easy recovery pace.

1/24
12 miles

I had to get this done after wrestling practice this afternoon.  I didn't feel to great when I started.  Almost felt dizzy or lightheaded.  I just don't think I eat enough when I have to wait so long to run.  I took a pack of powerbar gel bites and it didn't take long to feel better. Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:46 pace.  It felt so easy again once I got below 6 min pace. Finally, no wrestling this weekend.  Next 2 weekends will be busy though with regions and state!

1/23
11 miles (7am/4pm)

Easy recovery pace runs today.  Felt good.  Dual meet tonight vs. Service.

1/22
13 miles

Good run today.  Still an ice rink outside, so the treadmill it was.  Started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 5:44 pace.  I believe I'm at a whole new level right now. 5:44 pace feels pretty easy and comfortable.

1/21
14 miles (10 x 100m striders AM/4PM)

Got my first run done before work today.  It's not always fun getting up at 5am, but nice to have it done early. General Aerobic pace and striders felt good.

An easy recovery pace run right after practice. Right hip was bugging a little.

1/20
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both runs were easy recovery pace.  Legs felt a little stiff for the 1st mile, but warmed up nice and I felt really good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive