August 18th- August 24th

Mileage for the Year 2014
2,697 miles

Mileage for the week 8/18- 8/24
81 miles

8/24
22 miles

Ran my Boston prep route then the Elmore Extention to UAA and back.  It was slightly raining when I started, but the temps were great for running.  It was definitely fall in the air this morning.  I woke up at 6am to eat and I know that helps. Took off out the door by 7:45am.  I wasn't going to focus on pace today and just go on feel.  Started at 7:30 pace, but by mile 3 I was sub 7 and really averaged 6:30 pace for most of the run which made it real relaxing and enjoyable.  My last 2 miles were sub 6 though.

I ended up taking 2 recovery weeks and I'm pretty sure I needed it.  7 weeks to go to the marathon, so hopefully I get in some good training the next 4 weeks.



8/23
10 miles

Ran my south loop at an easy recovery pace as well.  Legs feeling much better! I really needed this extra down week.

8/22
8 miles

Easy recovery pace after work today.  I finally felt like my legs had some life in them.  I ran to Dearmoun and back in the sun!

8/21
6 miles

Man are my legs ever tired. I took it super easy today and my legs just felt dead! I'm not sure what to think? I looked in my log in past training after a half marathon and I usually bounce back a lot faster. I think I'm just gonna keep it easy the rest of this week and try to bounce back.  I don't want to jeopardize over training.  Another sunny day though on my Huffman and back route.

8/20
15 miles

1st Day of School today with Kids!!!!!! Ran after work and it was a beautiful and sunny day.  Nice to get some good weather this time of year.  My run however wasn't the greatest.  My legs still aren't recovered from Sunday.  I started at 7:30 pace and progressed down to 6:30 pace by mile 6 and finished up around 6:15 pace, but my legs just felt heavy!  I ran my Boston prep route with Elmore extention.  I'm gonna take it easy for the next few days for sure.

8/19
12 miles (7am/5pm)

Both easy recovery pace runs. I can still feel the heaviness in my legs today from Sunday.  I did feel much better in the evening run though. Another beautiful and sunny 70 degree day! Suppose to be nice all week.

8/18
8 miles

Easy recovery to Dearmoun and back.  Beautiful and sunny out.  Need to take advantage of these days, because before I know it, it's gonna get cold and dark:(  Kept it easy, but legs were tired from yesterday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Age- 41 Occupation- Phy Ed/Athletic Director/Wrestling Coach @ South Anchorage High School

Blog Archive